WORSHAM & GAPASIN is fortunate to have an extremely experienced Investigator. David Holmes has served more than 19 years as a law enforcement professional with experience including uniform patrol, supervision, national drug trafficking investigations, and local criminal investigations ranging from homicide to fraud to missing persons.
David served downrange in Afghanistan from 2009-2013 as a Police Mentor/Trainer with the Department of Defense as an International Police Officer. His duties were to train the Afghanistan police officers. The Baqua Afghanistan Police Department is made up of 38 officers. David instructed and mentored the officers in police tactics and proper execution of their day to day activities. David was awarded the Medal of Valor for his service, an award given to public safety officers who have exhibited exceptional service.
From 2015-2017, David served as a Lieutenant of CID with the Butts County Sheriff Office in Georgia. In this position, David oversaw all criminal investigations and supervised up to 6 CID investigators.
David is P.O.S.T. State of Missouri certified with a Class A (660 hours) license certifying him as a law enforcement officer. David is also Law Enforcement certified in the State of Florida and Georgia and has successfully completed and utilized hundreds of hours of specialized training.
David’s last position held was with the Stone County Sheriff Department in Galena Missouri and before that he spent 3 years with Butts County Sheriff Department in Georgia as a Lt. over the Criminal Investigation Division (“CID”).
David also worked for Monroe County Sheriff Department in Florida as a patrol Deputy and 3 years with DynCorp International, contracted through the U.S. Department of State and the International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (“INL”) as an International Police Officer/mentor-adviser. David also spent 3 years assigned as a Drug Task Force Officer with the C.O.M.E.T. (“Combined Ozarks Multi-Jurisdictional Enforcement Team”) Drug Task Force. During this time he operated overt and covert drug investigations and was crossed trained in SRT/SWAT for warrant executions. David was also responsible for field training new task force officers. Prior to this I maintained the position of detective for Republic Police Department with my primary focus on narcotics investigations, and before that I was a sheriff Deputy with Ozark County Sheriff Department where I obtained the rank of Sergeant and was placed in charge of major crime investigations.
- POST certified generalist Instructor
- POST certified hostage negotiator
- POST certified field training officer
- Certified Clandestine Meth Lab Certification enabling him to enter and dismantle clandestine methamphetamine labs and transport Hazardous waste from discovered labs, along with the use of SCBA (self contained breathing apparatus) equipment.
- Certified and trained in the use of side arms (9mm, .40cal and .45 cal), long guns (AR-15, M-4, P-90,Ak-47, 249(SAW), 240 and MP-5) as well as 12 ga. shot gun.
- Numerous hours of training in Narcotics investigations, including Missouri State Highway Patrol Narcotics Investigations, Advanced Narcotics Investigations and Undercover Investigations.
- Certification from ATF (Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms) in explosives and explosives investigations.
- Mules Certification for radio and Missouri Highway Patrol Computer Terminal use.
- Training and certification in PPCT (Personal Defensive Tactics)
- Certification in vehicle searches and seizure
- First responder instructor
- Certified First responder with training in CPR and life saving techniques
- Certified and trained in Active Shooter scenario with building searches.
- Numerous certifications in training for Dynamic Entry and High risk warrant service
- Training in Vehicle Assaults, and High risk vehicle assaults
- Certification and training in Building searches
- Certification in recognition of explosive devices and response
- Trained and certified in the use of noise flash diversionary devices
- SWAT/SRT training and certification
- Certification and experience in Homicide investigations
- Certification and training in Human trafficking and child abuse
- Certified in Handcuffing techniques and less lethal weapons
- Trained and certification in interrogation and interview techniques
- David also received training in less-lethal weapons, including expandable baton, bean bag rounds, the X26 Taser, and pepper spray applications. His training background includes numerous hours in the use of handguns, long rifles, submachine guns and the applications of explosives and hazardous materials. He also received extensive training in the area of narcotics interdiction.
- PADI Certified Dive Instructor and Public Safety Diver Instructor
2006-2009 Task Force Officer with the C.O.M.E.T Drug Task Force
My duties included overt and covert drug investigation, maintaining investigative buy funds as well as equipment. I operated in an undercover capacity while investigating violations of state and federal drug laws, as well as other crimes. In this position I wrote and executed numerous search warrants, Ops plans, report writing, case presentation and court testimony, along with evidence collection. I was trained and served on the entry team during the execution of said warrants. I was further awarded Task Force Officer of the year for the year 2008.
2004 to 2006 Detective for Republic Police Department
I was hired as a patrol officer and quickly advanced to position of detective in the CID. In this capacity I investigated crimes, wrote and executed state search warrants, report writing, court testimony, and evidence collection. While in this position I was also awarded Officer of the quarter for January-March 2005
1999 – 2004 Deputy Sheriff/ Investigator with the Ozark County Sheriff’s Department in Gainesville MO
I was a Deputy Sheriff Officer and I excelled in this position and was promoted to Sergeant in charge of investigations. I investigated crimes to include drugs, burglaries and homicide.